A Day to Celebrate!

Happy February 1st!

 
This is one of my favorite months. So many good things have happened to me in February, and this year is no exception.
Today starts a new and wonderful adventure in the art world.
To celebrate the day and the many blessings that have happened on it, Glen gave me a dozen red roses. Isn't love grand?
I've moved into my new studio addition to provide more space for painting, writing and sewing. I hung the garden flag samples on a clothesline above shelves that are yet to be filled. More flag art is going out next week...I love painting for home and garden!
Studio "B" is painted in a light New England blue with cream and crimson accents. This is the thinking corner where I can read, dream and sketch. A table just for cutting and a light table sits next to it along with shelves filled with books and samples.
I love the very large painting desk that sits in front of the window overlooking a perennial garden and fountain.
 
Studio "A" has remained light tea green and tan, with bird silhouettes painted on the walls. There are built-ins around the entire studio. This studio room is now relegated to writing and business.
I'm happy to finally have an entire table and wall of cabinets dedicated to sewing. So many cupboards for fabric! Now if I could only find the time to quilt more!
 
As I start a new and exciting venture today, I am reminded that God has truly blessed me with a wonderful family, friends and business. I would like to bottle this feeling to bring out whenever I feel negative about something. I guess I will jot it down in my journal and pull it out to remember on those days. Meanwhile, today, this week, this month is going to be spectacular! I hope that you have a wonderful February, too.
 
 
 
 

 

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Nancy. I know you'll do great! I look forward to seeing more of your art and working with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tess L.2/01/2013

    I'm glad your art has taken off; I'm a fan! I wish that I could find some prints?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2/01/2013

    You've come a long way, baby :0) So happy for you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your new adventure. Your art is uplifting and fun. I'm with the others and would like some prints. Can we buy them from you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS NANCY! I agree, February is a wonderful month, partly because it means January is over (that's not nice). Sounds like you're off to a happy running start! I wish you the absolute best and thank you for the wonderfully uplifting blogs! Keep em' coming!

    ReplyDelete