Valentine's Embroidery

Happy February! I almost feel guilty that we are having such beautiful weather when the east and midwest is covered in snow and the west in drought. Here in the Pacific Northwest we are having beautiful sunshine mixed with days of temperate rain and the flowers are starting to blossom. Everything seems to be a month ahead of itself. While basking in the sunshine, we saw a couple of honey bees on our English Heather yesterday!
English Heather blooms all winter and spring
February is one of  our favorite months. It's the month of love. And, what's not to love? 
Our first daffodils bloom in February
The daffodils, heather, snowdrops, hyacinths and primroses are in bloom. And let's not forget Valentines Day filled with loving sentiment and chocolate hearts.
Updated conversation hearts...notice the "e-mail me" valentine?
We're making cupcakes with conversational hearts for a special luncheon we've been invited to.
I embroidered this tea towel while on a long plane ride for a recent business trip to Atlanta. I may decide to make it into a cute pillow for my reading chair in the studio, though. It was an easy pattern to embroider...here is the pattern if you want to make one! Just click on the picture, enlarge as much as you want, print and then trace onto your fabric.
It's another sunny day and I must get out to prune the pink dogwood before the robins nest in it. I hope that, wherever you may live, your February will be just as bright, colorful and filled with love as it is here in our little corner of the world.





1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful blog & bird nest in the dogwood Nancy! February is a very special month for me also. I especially love the daffodils! Thank you so much for brightening my day. Hope you have a wonderful month.

    ReplyDelete