What's Blooming?

Howdy friends...what's blooming? 
There are new blossoms every time I walk outside this time of year in the Pacific Northwest. These are a few pictures that I took on my morning stroll with Cotton today. I wish you could smell the scents of fresh grass mixed with blossoms and hear the birds singing. Spring is early!
One of many birdhouses greets us as we
start our walk through the rose arbor.
This pretty "Peppermint Camelia" is a large topiary
outside the front door.

Stone paths lined with daffodils
pass by the seasonal flag...yes, it's "my"
St. Patrick's flag!
Try as I may to get rid of them,
wild violets spring up everywhere each spring.
  
My favorite coral pink camellia.
Dew drops each morning line petals and leaves and keep
everything "northwest green" all year.

My favorite daffodils have orange centers. We have thousands
of daffodils on our property; it makes for a very cheery early spring!

This is Glen's favorite view on our acreage...down the path between
large fir trees. The giant purple plum tree is frosting on the cake!
Our new neighbor.

In the garden: Garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, cabbage,
peach, apricot and almond blossoms, and the berries are leafing out.

These johnny-jump-ups return every year and have
self-seeded the whole flower bed

Glen uncovered the picnic table and we had
BBQ burgers and potato salad last night. 
The rocks are covered with bright moss and mini plants.
Our 8 large koi and 6 babies are back to sunning themselves and eating regularly.
Well, I guess it is past time to get to work. I am starting new paintings today for a new art collection which I'm excited about. I'll give you a small hint...








1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful walk you had Nancy. Thank you for inviting us to join you. The pictures are wonderful! I can see that you enjoy your work. Please say "hi" to Cotton.

    ReplyDelete