Autumn Has Arrived!

Well, what I can I say about the absence of my writing in 2020 and most of 2021? I suppose that I could blame it on Covid like everything and everyone else, but it really was a number of things combined. So, to spare time and boredom, let's just get on with a new blog and new start to a beautiful season. Autumn has arrived!


It was a beautiful summer here in our little corner of the Pacific Northwest. We had gorgeous weather and our vegetables and flowers thrived. We're still harvesting tomatoes, squash, cucumbers and peppers along with copious amounts of apples and pears. Last weekend we harvested the pumpkins! I've never seen such a good crop of beautiful orange, red, white and blue-green gourds. 

I placed most of the decorative pumpkins around the porches and patio, with some large ones tucked in corners along the paths on our acreage. The sweet, edible pumpkins and winter squash are hardening off in our garden house.

The trees are starting to turn. We've had a beautiful start to fall with lots of rain in September, mixed with blue skies and warm 70's afternoons; perfect for turning the oaks, maples, crabapples and dogwoods into the vibrant shades of fall.


Our peak of the fall color is around the third week of October, so stay tuned to a post when that show is here. 

I'm always inspired by our nice weather and the enticing scents of fall. I want to do everything...travel, garden, and paint! I hope you are enjoying a beautiful start to autumn, also. No matter where I travel in the United States during the fall, most people say it's the most beautiful time of year there. I have to agree. 




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I missed hearing from you and am happy you're back.🙂❤💛💚

    ReplyDelete
  2. JamandJelly10/03/2021

    You live in such a pretty place. Goad you are back to posting.

    ReplyDelete